A life cycle product carbon footprint measures the total greenhouse gas emissions generated by a product, from extraction of raw materials, to end-of-life. It is measured in carbon dioxide equivalents (CO2e). KSSPL has several years of experience in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and can expertly examine your carbon footprint over its full lifecycle including raw material extraction, manufacturing, transportation and distribution, use, and end of life disposal. These can also be communicated to your customers at an ease.
We have been responding to customers carbon foot printing needs for years, and have since worked with companies of all sizes, and from all parts of the world, to cost-effectively satisfy their widely varying carbon foot printing needs. With the increasing interest and demand in carbon neutrality we are helping companies reap the benefits instead just calculating and reporting.
How is a PCF (Product Carbon Footprint) measured?
- Product assembly, emissions from materials, and manufacturing of its components and parts.
- Transportation of the parts, components, and products from suppliers to the customer.
- Use of the product after it is sold within a given time frame.
- End of life (EOL) processing (i.e., recycling, refurbishing or disposing of the product)
Life Cycle Assessment is a globally recognized methodology used to assess the environmental impacts associated with all stages of the life cycle of a product.
- Our LCA methodology is in accordance with the ISO 14040 and ISO 14044 standards.
- We use the data from recognized third parties such as Ecoinvent and Sphera to ensure our report meet the highest levels of scrutiny
- Our team thoroughly checks the LCA data and support the verification and validate the data
Benefits of Our PCF Services:
- Identify environmental risks in the supply chain
- Report on corporate/ product responsibility at ease
- Meet customer expectation
- Position yourself to compete in the upcoming carbon challenging market
- Improve brand recognition and corporate reputation
- Benchmark with your competitors
- Supply chain data collection made easy with standard templates
- Increased Supply chain maturity and process
- Validation of the supplier data for better accuracy for your product carbon footprint
- Increase supply chain transparency
While there are several ways to estimate PCFs, our methodology and reporting is based on standard protocols and ISO standards. The standard method incorporates emissions produced across the product’s entire lifecycle.